Transforming speech-to-text is something that dramatically improves productivity, not only for your business but also for your everyday life. Speech recognition software is used in various industries such as banking, finance, insurance, healthcare, education, and much more. Main purposes are many; including taking notes, writing reports, dictating documents or even emails.
What does transforming speech-to-text mean for your productivity?
Transforming voices into a written document uses innovative “speech-to-text” algorithms. It is done by using speech recognition and then converting the spoken words into written text through transcription.
The use of voice-to-text technology dates back a longer time ago. In 1952, Bell Labs presented “Audrey”, the Automatic Digit Recognition Machine and since then the technology has constantly been improving. Artificial intelligence (AI) technology has recently improved speech recognition thanks to Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep Learning algorithms.
The process of transforming speech-to-text to improve productivity
Speech recognition happens in transforming speech-to-text in real-time or recording the audio and processing it later. Real-time processing happens while the recordings proceed. At the same time, speech recognition transcribes transforming the voice into text. For example, if you have recorded your audio before, you can take advantage of the speech-to-text later, uploading your audio to any of the available speech-to-text solutions.
There are many free services available online, but for better accuracy, security, and privacy, we recommend choosing something professional. Such as our intelligence device CABOLO which records, transcribes, and translates any audio automatically in real-time. You can also use it by uploading all your pre-recorded audio to process later.
CABOLO is designed and developed in Europe and is GDPR-compliant and has numerous quality certifications. Even the languages CABOLO supports are the results of an internal R&D department because we continuously invest in the improvement of our products.
How can voice transcription improve your productivity & business activities?
Voice transcription software is an excellent tool for people who want to convert their speech into text. Once you have the audio and transcription, there are plenty of ways to optimise your productivity. The world of ever growing and advanced technology is giving you unlimited opportunities…
Speech-to-text is the first step to enable dozens of other services and technology applications. Among technologies that take advantage of transcription are Natural Language Processing, Natural Language Understanding, Speech Analytics, and Machine Learning.
The three most common services that come out from speech-to-text and artificial intelligence include:
- Text Analytics;
- Virtual Assistants.
With the new improvements, there is no need to spend hours listening and manually transcribing anymore. AI-enabled speech-to-text algorithms can do those mundane tasks for you, giving you more efficiency and more time to focus on high priority tasks.
Speech-to-text is a real asset for those with day-to-day responsibilities of writing under dictation, taking notes and dictating from anywhere at any time. It saves time for increased efficiency and eliminates the need for tedious paperwork.
The five main advantages of speech-to-text use for productivity
- Saving time: Using speech recognition lets you save time. It can create documents in less than half the time it would take for a person to manually transcribe. By automating processes, admin will be less to worry about and transcription tasks will be completed quicker. This will give more free time from the focus on the most important tasks.
- Decrease the amount of tedious jobs: The old way of transcribing (play, stop and re-listen, play again for each word of the recording) is in the past! Streamline and simplify with the help of technology.
- Multitasking: While using automatic transcription solutions you can focus on other tasks and complete different things all at once
- Flexibility. Share a complete transcript for a second review and archiving, so your colleagues or clients can also review what was said and decided.
- Go paperless and go green: Note taking and reporting through AI-enhanced technologies creates a high reduction in your carbon footprint. You can increase efficiency and do less paperwork.
Start using speech-to-text technology in your company and lead a more productive work life!